Our son Ben’s wedding is now a warm memory. I have taken down the Thanksgiving decorations and put them away. I was finally able to take the time to catch up on some sewing. I feel like I haven’t been in my sewing room for a month!
The first project was finishing Blocks 3 and 4 in the EQ Block-Base Sew-Along. This is Block 3, which is #2448 in the Block Base software.
I may have gone a little overboard on this one. I will wait to see how it plays with the other blocks and decide whether or not to do it over. I actually like the colors in this block, but the variety of patterns may be too much.
This is block #4, which is 2049 in the Block Base software:
I made this block a lot calmer, with lots of white space, to compensate for the craziness of block #3. This is the first four blocks as a group:
The next project was to finish my block for Rachel in the Around the World Quilt Bee II. Rachel asked for a geometric block using “berry” colors. Her starter block used lavender, dark pink and some orange, so I put orange in mine, too, for a little interest. This block is called “Braided Bounds.”
I took the photo at night in low light, and the flash distorted the colors, unfortunately. This is better in person. It was a little tricky sewing the pinwheel units to the center square, but I enjoyed making this block.
So, it is back to the machine to get started on Block #5 for the Block Base Sew-Along, which was posted Monday. I am hoping to get ahead of the game this week.
Be sure to come back and see some more photos of quilts from Festival in Houston.
Until next time,